Origin Active Living (UK) Ltd (also referred to as ‘the company’, ‘we’, ‘our’, ‘us’ or ‘Origin’) is the Data Controller over any personal data we process about you for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice (see below). This notice outlines what personal data the company collects and processes about you in various situations, which we have explained below. This notice does not cover personal data we process about our staff. The categories of data subjects whose personal data is covered by this privacy notice include; users who have contacted Origin with phone, email, or postal enquiries; visitors to the Origin website.
Please read through the privacy notice to understand how the company uses and processes your personal data obtained. If you have any concerns about our processing of your personal data or you have a general enquiry in relation to data protection, please contact our Data Protection Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is personal data?
Personal Data: means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Special Category of Data: means personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
When we use the term ‘personal data’ we mean both personal data and special category of data.
Personal Data is collected in several different ways dependent on your interaction with the company. We will collect the personal data of people who contact us with enquiries through email, phone, or physical mail in order to log and respond to these enquiries. We will also collect some personal data from cookies on our website. Please see our Cookie notice for more information on these. Otherwise we will only share your personal data:
- where we are required to share your personal data in accordance with law e.g. such as to assist with investigations carried out by the police, other authorities or any regulatory requirement to which the company is subject;
- where we are undergoing a corporate restructure;
- where we use third parties to undertake certain services on our behalf and in doing so they require to process personal data in order to do this. If so, we will ensure that adequate arrangements are in place to protect your personal data. These third parties include: our professional advisors, cloud storage suppliers, CRM suppliers, marketing platforms, IT infrastructure suppliers;
- where we have your consent.
Will we share your Personal Data outside of the UK
Origin treats the security of your personal data seriously and shall enforce strong physical and electronic safeguards while in storage and in transit.
Origin shall keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to respond to your enquiry.
You have certain rights under data protection law, which are summarised below. You can exercise these by contacting our Data Protection Contact on email@example.com. These are not always absolute rights and we will respond to any request in line with data protection laws.
- You can withdraw your consent at any time, at which point we shall stop processing your personal data in that way. Please note this does not affect the legality of our processing up to the date of your withdrawal of consent.
- You can seek to restrict our processing of your personal data, ask us to rectify any personal data we hold about you or object to us processing your personal data for the purposes stated above.
- You have the right to access personal data held by us about you.
- In certain circumstances you have the right to ask us to provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format to allow you (or us on your behalf) to transmit this information to another party.
- In certain circumstances you have the right to ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you. We will consider any such request in line with UK GDPR. Please note this is not an absolute right and there may be circumstances where we choose not to delete all of the personal data we hold about you.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you think that we have infringed your rights. You can find more information about reporting a matter to the ICO at the following link: https://ico.org.uk/
The Origin website may contain links to other websites. Please note that Origin has no control of websites outside our domain. Origin is not responsible for the protection and privacy of any sensitive information provided to a website linked to ours.
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice from time to time. Last Updated: 03/02/2023